Here is the seventh of 10 blog posts on using Hootsuite to become a Twitter power user.
For details about Hootsuite, including a screenshot of the dashboard, see the introductory post. Here’s today’s recommended step:
Step 7. Embed columns into your website
A powerful feature of Twitter’s API that has been incorporated by Hootsuite is the ability to create content you can embed in your own website. If you embed Twitter’s RSS feed, you’ll need to style it yourself. But if your CSS skills are a bit shaky, that can be more effort than it’s worth. Enter Hootsuite! Within Hootsuite you can style the column feeds more or less to your liking and then just copy and paste the code into your website where you want to embed the feed. Here’s how:
- Create your column using the Create column function. You can create a new column with the Search function (#5 above)
- Click on the <> symbol (rollover text says “Create embeddable column”).
- A pop-up appears allowing you to specify the title, box size and basic colors. You can also specify the refresh mode, whether streaming or various time intervals.
- Click “Grab code” and copy.
- Paste the code into the HTML of your Web page.