Here is the ninth of 10 blog posts on using Hootsuite to become a Twitter power user. For details about Hootsuite, including a screenshot of the dashboard, see the introductory post. Here’s today’s recommended step:
9. Use RSS feeds to post from any Web site
If you have a blog, you can post direct to Hootsuite via your site’s RSS feed, or from any site for that matter. First, get the RSS feed for your site. (If you’re unfamiliar with RSS, you can start with this Introduction to RSS from W3Schools.) Then:
- Click “Settings” to access the RSS/Atom tab. Click the tab.
- Click on “Add New Feed”
- Copy the RSS feed URL into the field provided and select options.
- Manage the feed from the list. You can pause the feed at any time.
Options in Step 3 include:
- Choose how frequently to check the feed for new updates
- Choose how many new posts are tweeted each time the feed is checked
- Prepend the post with relevant text, such as “new blog post”
- Choose the relevant profile to Tweet from
That’s it! Coming up next is the last of 10 steps to becoming a Twitter power user with Hootsuite. I hope you’ve enjoyed the series so far!